Travel Health Education & Training
Travel Health Writing
Work place medicals
Based in the beautiful Barossa Valley, South Australia, Catherine consults out of Angaston Medical Centre. Catherine also provides services and support throughout Australia and the world.
I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH…
Travel Health Advice and Immunisations
- Provides relevant and specific travel health advice, including advice on the prevention of travellers’ diarrhoea, malaria/mosquito-borne diseases, rabies risk and much more.
- Administers the recommended vaccinations for your travel.
- Provides vaccination record books and relevant handouts.
- Supplies travel health-related products, including insect repellents, mosquito nets and travel health kits.
- Provides advice and administers routine vaccinations including flu, whooping cough, shingles, Q-Fever, meningococcal vaccines, school catch up vaccines and most others.
- Specialised expertise with accommodating needle-phobic clients.
Travel Health Education and Training
- Provides education, training and guidance in all areas of travel health including setting up a travel health clinic, travellers risk assessments, required resources and administration of vaccinations.
Travel Health Writing
- Contributes regularly as a community journalist for Fairfax Media, including Barossa Herald.
- Produces specific articles internationally on travel health and immunisation related topics.
Work Place Medicals
- Conducts in-house work place medicals, with specific experience in aviation and the wine industry.
- Volunteers for RAEY of Hope
- RAEY of Hope is a registered Australian Charity established to support the RAEY School and Community in Yerer, Ethiopia.
MN(NP) RN BSc(Hons) Dip TM(RCPSG) CTH(ISTM) FACTM
Catherine Keil is an Australian/British Nurse Practitioner specialising in travel health and immunisations. She completed a BSc Honours degree in Geography in 1995 from the University of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, UK, with an interest in Medical Geography. She went on to complete a Nursing Diploma in 1998 from Kingston University/St George’s Medical School, London, UK, which involved an exchange program to Uganda. After travelling and working in Africa, South East Asia and Central America she became a practice nurse based in London. She specialised in travel health which led her to working for Emirates Airline in Dubai for 10 years where she was instrumental in setting up a travel health clinic for the crew and families. In 2006 she completed the Diploma in Travel Medicine from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, UK, and in 2014 completed the ISTM Certificate in Travel Health. After moving to Australia, she completed a Masters in Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) from Flinders University, Adelaide in 2017 and now works as an Endorsed Nurse Practitioner in Travel Health and Immunisations.
In 2018, she became an elected member of the International Society of Travel Medicine (ISTM) Nursing Professional Group Steering Council
In 2019, she became a Fellow of the Faculty of Travel Medicine (FFTM), Australasian College of Tropical Medicine.